Lochview Nursery aims to provide a comprehensive childcare and educational service to meet the needs of each child, parent/carer, staff member and the wider community.
Our aims are as follows:
- To provide a happy, caring, safe, secure and stimulating learning environment for children aged 3 months to five years.
- To respect and meet the needs of every child as an individual.
- To provide each child with the choice of a balanced range of learning experiences, which will be supported by suitable resources and staff who interact enthusiastically and effectively.
- To ensure each child has a key person and is nurtured by staff who promotes his/her general health and well-being.
- To empower each child with attitudes, skills and understanding in order to promote effective learning
- To promote each child’s development and abilities through careful observation and interactions, use of appropriate resources and access to both indoor and outdoor play
- To follow guidance from North Lanarkshire Council document for birth to three years:
- Effective Early Development and Learning
- Pre-Birth to Three Positive Outcomes for our under three’s (Learning and Teaching Scotland)
- Curriculum for Excellence 3 -18 for our 3 – 5 year old children.
- To observe each individual child’s development and provide for future needs.
- To provide an environment of mutual respect, trust and open communication.
- To actively promote the development of a positive self image.
Our Story (So Far…….)
Lochview Nursery is an early learning and childcare service which is located in a prime site overlooking Johnston Loch in Gartcosh. The nursery is registered with the Care Inspectorate for 59 children aged 3 months to those not yet attending primary school. The nursery has very good motorway links and is mainly used by working parents, who require extended hours with high quality care and education for their children. Lochview Nursery is a family run business and the Owner/Manager Julie has 31 years childcare experience.
We, Julie and Jim Agnew opened our nursery in January 2008 with only 10 children with 3 qualified staff and a modern apprentice, and now have have grown to a 59 place setting after having extended the premises on 3 occasions!
We are in partnership with North Lanarkshire Council and provide 33 funded childcare places per session. We strongly believe that this has been achieved mainly through our strong staff team, children and families who have grown with our business.
Due to the success of Lochview Nursery and the increasing demand for our service we will be opening our second setting “Parkview Nursery” in Chryston in early 2018.